Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Cold Ramblings

Man, I should just go to bed, late to bed, early to rise. But of course I have to play a little and found myself checking out Daryl's Blog. I was in my own head! I mean not everything, I don't have to prepare sermons or anything but I do tend to do some of the same things, like making up false conversations with people and scenarios in my head. Usually I tend to end up being mad at people for no reason. I honestly thought I was a little wahoo, but it sure is reassuring to know that some of the people you respect do the same thing. His story about dreaming about McD's reminded me of when I worked road construction as a 'flagperson' and the long hours, hot sun and stress of moronic - yes I said moronic (not everyone) - drivers left me sitting straight up in bed with my arm stretched out in front of me, holding an imaginary stop sign. It got so bad that I had to put electrical tape on the red power light on my stereo so I wouldn't dream about taillights. Money is just not worth it!

I am going to bed cause I'm getting a cold and need the rest, which means I tape Scrubs - a window to my inside brain. That show is amazing, how they show what goes through Zak Braff's head is just like my brain. Must be something they put in our foods when we were younger, too many 27-30 year olds that think the same.

For all you cold sufferers out there I have a homemade, healthy remedy that works 9 out of 10 times for colds. Take a clove of garlic, the individual piece, cut it in half, put the cut side against the bottom of your foot, keep it there with socks, band aid, whatever and go to bed. The garlic goes directly into your bloodstream as opposed to broken down in the stomach and half as useful. Plus you don't stink (I've asked). But you have to do ASAP or it's not as effective. Some people it doesn't work while others swear by it. Your call - cold or garlic?
Goodnight and pleasant, peaceful dreams to you all.