Sunday, July 16, 2006

One of the Puzzle Pieces

On June 12, 2006 I entered a poetry contest, just to do it I guess, it's good for me. The other day I heard back form them and I'm going into the semi finals. Wow! And they want to publish it in a book, regardless of the outcome of the contest! Part of me wants to shout out and tell the world, and since I'm blogging, that's my choice! The little voice that is saying it's all a scam and you could never win can kiss my a**. I want this excitement, especailly considering my earlier blog.
There is a moment in time when a person is 100% at peace with themselves and totally grateful that God made them exactly who they are. I found that moment March 26, 2006 at 1am. It's the poetry, it's the doing what I've always been. Never have I found something that I could care less if someone liked it or not. And poetry is my something. If I don't even come close to winning anything, that's more o.k. than I ever thought possible. I'm proud of me and thankful God made it a part me.


(Jan 2008 - Unfortunatley yes it was a scam. NEVER publish with poetry.com - soul rapists. However, I still feel the same sense of joy from writing poetry & painting now too!)