Thursday, July 27, 2006

You Take the Good, You Take the Bad, You Take Them Both...

Can you tell I bought the 1 & 2 Season of Facts of Life? Most favorite show ever!!

So, I don't really know why I'm here right now. I guess maybe blogging and all you random people are becoming an old friend and I somehow feel safe here. I've been so busy with life lately and there's so much going on that I need to download. It's been it's share of good and bad, many good and a few bad, but will be good and a lot of uncertainty. Confused? I am. I have more thoughts that go through my head than parasites go through the filter of Linden water. I just can't seem to harness them into anything productive or important, or fully true. Recently I told an aquaintance that I would like to be friends and that's more outgoing than I normaly am. I usually let these things pass and figure they wouldn't want to be friends with me, but something inside made me go there. This person has been a stronger support than they realize in the short time we've started to really talk. Something in common. Something scary in common. But I won't get into it, I'm just happy I did it and apprehensive I sound like an infant asking someone to be my friend. But due to recent events with my Mom, time is short and my wake up call was only the snooze button, thanks be to God. I'm surrounded by hurting people and friends and my heart cries for them. There's so little I can really do, but I guess I can just love them and pray for them.
On the other hand, my Grandparents celebrated thier 60th Anniversary! I didn't realize just how long that was until they kept getting awards from government people right up to the Queen of England. I don't care about those people and what they sent, but it made me realize - 60 years! how many people can brag about that anymore? And then I realized that they have 9 children and from there about 70 people's lives are either a direct result of or are affected directly because of these two people.
That's what I want to brag about when I'm old, lots of kids and grandchildren and so on and all the people that love them. Many of you who know me can shut your mouths now, yes I said I wanted children. I always have. But you knew that you'd be asking me to babysit and, well, yours are different than mine. But if I'm going to have one, I might as well have more than that. Niave, I know, but humour me. I plan on getting married only once and not to be a judge on others lives, but this is what I personally want for myself and my future. If I'm going to do it, it will be life. I've always wanted that, ever since I dreamt of my knight in shining armour!