Saturday, August 05, 2006

My First Painting Ever

All of my life I've wanted to paint an oil painting and just never did it. Call it procrastinating, lack of knowledge, scared I'll suck, scared I won't suck, or just plain laziness. Mostly I think it was just that hurdle of actually doing it.


It took me a couple days, but this afternoon I painted my very first painting! There was a thunderstorm and it was cloudy all day, which is perfect weather for my creative side to saturate in and I popped in some old movies for effect.


And it helps my Aunt Sharon let me use her paints and brushes to get started. She gave some pointers on basic care and a color wheel, but let me go with as little information as possible (at my request - I wanted to know what I could do before I learnt anything) and the results are remarkable. I don't mean to sound vain but I'm really impressed. I don't suck, and it's o.k.


Sheri saw the almost finished product and she really liked it. She said she'd even like one for her house. That made me feel good. The painting makes me feel good! I call it Neverending Labrynth Yay for Me!




I am so glad I just finally did it. Not that I'll stop, but now I'd like to take a pottery wheel course. Here is where I encourage any of you that have been sitting on an "All my life I've wanted to..." and tell you to just do it, you will never regret diving into your dreams.