Thursday, November 23, 2006

Don't 'dis My Depeche!

This morning I my alarm went off. To understand my brain in the morning I must explain that if I am interrupted during sleep, I am really stupid, so it takes a few snoozes to get with the program. I have my alarm set to california 103.1 due to the fact it is the only stationI get in my room that isn't country (which makes me very cranky if that's what I wake up to). And as I'm laying there listening to this beautiful smokey voice singing, I realize I know the words, but can't place them. It's a sultry, jazzy sort of tune, really quite nice, and then as I hit the snooze again, I realize it's a remake of Depeche Mode's Enjoy the Silence! One of my all time fav tunes. However, I start wondering later if I just dreamt it - it's happened. I check the web when I get home and there are at least 4 people that have remade this song! I know it's just a song, but that's My Depeche Mode their playing with. Then it occurred to me that, I'm getting older. Is this what it feels like? Some hot shot comes along and takes a classic song and decides they can coat tail it? Don't get me wrong, the 2 versions I heard are good, but their no David Gahan!

I just feel very strongly about my music, I mean heck, there's a reason Depeche Mode was so popular, they created their own songs!